[Pw_forum] Do you think Intel I7 series could improve the parallel efficiency

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 26 19:37:38 CET 2009

Nicola, thanks for pointing out this source.  I note most of the swt.com
machines are based on SuperMicro MBs.  I've had very good experience with
this company...they are located here in Fremont in the south SF bay area.  I
roll most of my own equipment, so you can actually save a little more
"self-assembling" your own boxes.  Four of my five home workstations use
various editions of SuperMicro Xeon MBs...the fifth is my son's PS3, and,
yes, it can run QE also...rather slowly on the just the PPE plus only 256
Mbytes, though!

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Physicist and Science Writer
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford (2005-2008)
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com