[Pw_forum] HSE pseudopotentials + BNL functional

Helen helen at fh.huji.ac.il
Wed Mar 25 11:46:50 CET 2009

Hi,

The changes are localized in PW/exx.f90, flib/functionals.f90,
Modules/functionals.f90. I've implemented the changes in version 3.2. I need
to check I didn't make changes elsewhere as I implemented this about a year
ago, and I don't remember all the details. I set on_double_grid to .false.
Also in Modules/input_parameters.f90 I set x_gamma_extrapolation=.false.

I can create an example input/output file. I also worked on enabling exx.f90
to give the band-structure for general k-points and not just high symmetry
k-points. I did this my giving a very small weight to the desired k-point
and also including in the k-point list all the generated k+q k-points. It is
a bit of an art though as I put in the k+q k-points by hand and sometimes
the exx.f90 generates the symmetry points and sometimes I also need to add
these by hand. Also sometimes the symmetry points need to have zero weight
and sometimes the very small weight to give corect results.

Dr Helen Eisenberg
 Post-doctoral researcher
 Fritz Haber Research Center for Molecular Dynamics,
 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem