[Pw_forum] Compiling QE 4.0.4

Amos Leffler amosleffler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:20:26 CET 2009

      I am trying to compile QE 4.0.4 using openmpi-1.2.9.  The
program did compile successfully using the internal compilers in
OpenSuse 10.2 in single mode.  With openmpi-1.2.9 the configuration
step went OK and it recognized that openmpi was being used.
Using the command:
                         "make all" it encountered the error shown below:

Entering directory `/home/amos/Desktop/espresso-4.0.4/Modules'
mpif90 -O3 -x f95-cpp-input -D__GFORTRAN -D__FFTW
-D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW -D__MPI I../Modules  -I../iotk/src -I../PW
-I../PH -c fft_parallel.f90
 In file fft_parallel.f90:282

          send_cnt, send_displ, MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX, f(1), &
                                                 1
Error: Symbol 'mpi_double_complex' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
 In file fft_parallel.f90:234

     CALL MPI_ALLTOALLV( f(1), send_cnt, send_displ, MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX, yf(1),
                                                                      1
Error: Symbol 'mpi_double_complex' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
make[1]: *** [fft_parallel.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/amos/Desktop/espresso-4.0.4/Modules'

I looked in the file and it states "IMPLICIT none" so that the
complaint appears to be correct.  I checked the forum files but could
find no report of an error in the last five months.  Is there an easy
fix?
          Hopefully someone has seen this before.

                           Amos Leffler