[Pw_forum] question about electron phonon calculation

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Tue Mar 10 08:53:45 CET 2009

Huiqun Zhou wrote:
> Gabriele,
>
> Sorry for my ignorance of developer's fast tempo. I asked a question about
> q-point parallization in using ph.x nearly one year ago, and got the
> following
> answer:
 >
 > http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2008-April/008667.html
 >
 > It seems things change faster. Thnaks for the effort.

OK, wait, there is maybe a misunderstanding here: k-point parallelization (the one which
is often refered to as "pools parallelization" and can be enabled by the -npool flag) is
different thing from q-point parallelization of phonon dispersion calculations.
The former is the analogous to the pools parallelization of total energy calculations with
pw.x and is available since long time ago, while the latter has been added only recently
to the phonon code.
It is available in the 4.1-CVS version and is enabled through the keywords start_q, last_q
(see INPUT_PH).

GS