[Pw_forum] newbie update

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Thu Mar 5 20:19:56 CET 2009

> Carlo Nervi wrote:
>
>> Total wall time (s) spent in this run:  5274.73
>> Reference                            :  720.04
>>
>> There are few discrepancies, but they seems
>> reasonables..
>> or not?
>
> they do. What doesn't seem reasonable to me is 2 1/2 h for
> a series of tests that take 12 min not on the "ExaFlop
> Machine", but on a rather standard 3GHz IntelCore2 E6850
> (the one I have in front). There is something really
> strange in your setup.

This is exactly what I was wondering. During the tests 4
CPUs were running at 10%, while the other four were
running at 1-5%.
It must be something wrong in my settings, but I cannot
figure it out.
Anyone could please provide a sort of "semi-standard"
make.sys for ifort and mkl with a working mpi?
Cheers,
  Carlo

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it Tel:+39 011 6707507/8
Fax: +39 011 6707855 - Dipartimento di Chimica IFM
via P. Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy
http://lem.ch.unito.it/