[Pw_forum] strange bandstructure

idoldog idoldog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:23:55 CET 2009

dear Lex Kemper, Gabriele Sclauzero, Marcel Mohr,

I appreciate your help very much. I will try it follow your suggestions.

all best.

idoldog
2009.3.5

come from: Lex Kemper
send date: 2009-03-05 00:12:31
send to: PWSCF Forum
subject:Re: [Pw_forum] strange bandstructure

Hi idoldog,

I presume what you're referring to as 'strange' is the lines jumping
from one band to another. This is, as I understand it, the bands.x code
not seeing enough overlap between the kpoints to order them properly.
There are two ways to fix this:

(a) Run with more points per line in k-space
(b) If you're only interested in a few bands, fix them by hand.

Good luck!

Lex Kemper
University of Florida