[Pw_forum] newbie - installation problem

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Tue Mar 3 20:08:03 CET 2009

First of all, I would like to thanks everybody replyed to
my message.
Paolo, yes, I was meaning MKL libraries and parallel
compiling using ifort.
Of course, I'm trying to get the most efficient code for
my platform.
Thanks for advices. I'm going to try mpich2 to work...

> you still want to run MPI on it. it is much more efficient
> in all but a few strange corner cases, and you want to
> make
> certain that OpenMP is disabled in that case.
>
> axel.

Axel, I've heard opposite opinions on openmp and mpich2.
The recent Openmp (i've heard) is now efficient and fast.
However, I trust the experience of the developers :-).
Thanks,
  Carlo