[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 24, Issue 58

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 29 19:36:23 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 19:04 +0200, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
> In data 29 giugno 2009 alle ore 18:47:11, leila salimi
> <l.salimi at ph.iut.ac.ir> ha scritto:
> > from ewald : error #         1
> >      optimal alpha not found
> >
> > what should I do now?
>
>  From what I can see, it looks like the xlf version of function erfc is not
> working as it should, or at least as we expect it to. It may take a while
> before it is possible to fix or workaround the problem in an "official"
> way.

you may want to test if the

--allow-multiple-definition

flag works. this is usually required if you compile
with xlf on a Linux OS with power cpu and you want
to use the optimized math functions from -lmass.

the linux linker by default does not allow multiple
definitions of the same "symbol" that are different
(checked by comparing the sizes). other linkers are
more forgiving and use the first occurance of a
symbol after it has been flagged as undefined.

the flag from above is needed on BG/L for example
when using the IBM optimized library versions.

cheers,
   axel.