[Pw_forum] Stress calculation in quantum espresso

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Mon Jun 29 17:20:34 CEST 2009

Dimpy Sharma wrote:

> Hi Quantum espresso users
>
> I want to calculate stress for a system using quantum espresso, I know
> that setting tstress=true in the first namelist $ control, but that
> one is for vc-md. I want to calculate stress using a relax and scf
> calculation, Can anyone help me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimpy

I'm quite sure that the option holds even if calculation is scf/relax.
Maybe you read the documentation of pw.x
   Variable:       tstress

   Type:           LOGICAL
The last sentence does not mean that the variable applies just to a
vc-md calculation but  that
it is by default set to .true. in that case.

Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: giovanni.cantele at cnr.it
        giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
Research Group: http://www.nanomat.unina.it