[Pw_forum] Separating Raman modes

Zubaer Hossain zubaexy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:28:30 CEST 2009

How about decomposing eigenstates into that for the individual atoms and
summing them for each species, since the phonon frequencies are computed
already, and the eigenmodes for each frequency are known. By analyzing these
quantities graphically for each species, optical frequencies of the main
three modes could be detected, I think.

Zubaer
Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA