[Pw_forum] pseudopotential converter

Sanjeev K. Gupta sanjeev0302 at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:35:47 CEST 2009

Dear PWSCF Users,
Greetings...

I want to use UPF type pseudopotential for my calculation and it is not available on espresso/pseuopotential website (www.pwscf.org).
For my purpose, two things are possible 1. Generate pseudopotential using ld1.x script. and 2. to convert FHI (available on internet)to UPF using fhi2upf.x script.

I tried first way, and got error (due to i have not given correct input as i did not understand pseudo-gen/test.job and input file, i have seen earlier post on PWSCF-Forum also).
and for second way, i do not get any information, how i proceeds?

Plz. can anybody suggest me how FHI convert to UPF using fhi2upf.x script or suggest me how i understand the input file of pseudo-gen/test.job to run for UPF pseuopotential.

Thanks in advanced.

Kind Regards
S K Gupta

S. K. Gupta