[Pw_forum] fileutil ?

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Jun 15 12:22:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 05:48 -0400, Nicola Marzari wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> 1) if I try to generate the documentation files for QE (make all in
> dev-doc)

actually in doc-def/

> ... I get an error message about missing the fileutil package
> (see error lines below).  I have tcl-8.4.13-1.1 ; I searched the
> forum (to no avail), so maybe this is useful to others.

fileutil is a package from the tcllib. The latter is required for the
helpdoc program to function (see the dev-tools/README.helpdoc). And
helpdoc is a utility that creates the QE txt and html documentation
files from the *.def files.

Several linux distros are based on Debian or RedHat, if you use one of
them, then to install tcllib:

apt-get install tcl tcllib xsltproc (for Debian-based distros)

or

yum install tcl tcllib xsltproc (for Redhat-based distros)

(for other distros the installation of tcllib is likely analogous, i.e.,
replace the apt-get|yum with the corresponding package installer)

Regards, Tone

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html