[Pw_forum] Elastic Constant.

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sun Jun 14 12:01:17 CEST 2009

Dear Bipul,

long ago there used to be an implementation of the linear-response
approach to elastic constants by SB, Giannozzi, and Testa:
% Copyright (C) 2009 The American Physical Society
% Please report any problems to prola at aps.org

@Article{PhysRevLett.59.2662,
   title = {Elastic Constants of Crystals from Linear-Response Theory},
   author = {Baroni, Stefano  and Giannozzi, Paolo  and Testa, Andrea },
   journal = {Phys. Rev. Lett.},
   volume = {59},
   number = {23},
   pages = {2662--2665},
   numpages = {3},
   year = {1987},
   month = {Dec},
   doi = {10.1103/PhysRevLett.59.2662},
   publisher = {American Physical Society}
}
This is no longer available, partly because of the programmers'
lazyness, partly because there is not much to be gained with respect
to the straightforward approach you are following.

Stefano B