[Pw_forum] Request: Help needed in parallel compilation of 4.0.5

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 1 20:11:01 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 13:12 -0400, Gowtham wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,

dear gowtham,

> If the fellow users of Quantum Espresso could please
> guide as with configure/Makefile tips/tricks, we
> will greatly appreciate it.

there is _plenty_ of advice in the mailing list archives.
most likely somebody else has already stumbled across the
problems that you are seeing. there are many discussions
on how to run efficiently and how to compile on linux
platforms. if you don't see a difference between parallel
or serial compiles, than this can have many reasons.
you have to provide examples and proof that you are
actually running a parallel executable and show how
you are running it.

cheers,
   axel.