[Pw_forum] Sujet : Re: Chosing output file using the -in/input option

Sylvian Cadars sylvian.cadars at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Jul 15 11:54:24 CEST 2009

Hi,
Thanks Lex and Lorentzo for your answers.  I cannot tell for sure that
the cluster is set up right.  It is a recent cluster that is still in
testing phase, and which I do not maintain.  I would be grateful if you
could please give me some indication on how to help the cluster manager
locate the problem and solve it...  Please just let me know if you need
information from me.
I used the quick Q-E compilation, which seemed to occur normally.  Maybe
I could find an installation logfile to help (just don't know where to
find it).

What makes me think the problem comes more form Q-E is that the job is
well distributed on the processors of all nodes as soon as the Q-E
(right?) option "-in inputfile.in" is used (as explained in Q-E user
guide, see link below) instead of the standard "pw.x <inputfile.in>
outputfile.out" syntax.
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Running_on_parallel_machines#Trouble_with_input_files

If as Lorentzo wrote it is not possible to redirect the output, then it
is sad, since I found it particularly convenient to be able to run
series of  calculations using a single script, as is typically done in
the example files.  This is particularly convenient when looking for the
best cutoff energy, for example.

Best regards.

Sylvian.

*Sylvian CADARS*