[Pw_forum] Units in dynamical matrix files

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed Jul 8 17:23:35 CEST 2009

In data 08 luglio 2009 alle ore 16:55:12, Serge Nakhmanson
<nakhmanson at anl.gov> ha scritto:
> I think the difference here is the same as
> between Ry and Ha energy units, so that in
> the "convention" that QE uses an extra 1/2
> proliferates into the mass units as well.

I does indeed, Rydberg atomic units have a few quirks. The other important
one in electron_charge = sqrt(2)

If you are interested in more details, have a look at this table I found
on google where everything is explained clearly:
<http://ilan.schnell-web.net/physics/rydberg.pdf>

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto