[Pw_forum] Molecular dynamics with change of temperature

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:16:36 CET 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Mansoureh Pashangpour wrote:

MP> Dear all
MP> I would like to perform a MD simulation with increasing temperature for it
MP> .I am doing
MP> this simulation by change of T manually. Is there any instruction to do this
MP> automaticlly?

well, you can take an editor, program it, recompile and be happy.
;-)

however, i don't quite see how much of a difference that would make
for the kind and particularly the size of system that you can handle
with quantum espresso. it would be just as easy to simply write a
small shell script to run a chunk of trajectory and then restart
with ramped up temperature.

as usual, it is hard to give any specific advice without knowing
about the purpose of your temperature ramping.

axel.