[Pw_forum] 2D electron gas

Reboredo, Fernando A. reboredofa at ornl.gov
Wed Jan 7 17:33:19 CET 2009

Dear Ebraahimi,

I imagine that you want to use real atoms the system is not 2D but just
quasi-2D. In that case one just uses the standard 3D approximations.

In local and quasi-local approximations of the energy functional (LDA
PBE) the long range dimensionality of the system is not taken into
account.

The calculations by Tanatar are for strictly two dimensional systems.

Fernando Reboredo