[Pw_forum] Insufficient Virtual Memory

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Thu Feb 26 23:04:10 CET 2009

On Gio, Febbraio 26, 2009 21:23, Vo, Trinh wrote:
>  512 H2O with 4cores/node,

Dear Trinh Vo,
to be honest, I don't think you have much chance to run a system with
~3500 electrons on 78 processors with only 1GB of RAM/processor. You may
try using half the processors and 2GB each (leaving half of them idle),
but this will probably take a painfully long time.

My suggestion is to have a look at two recent threads from the mailing
list archives: "PW taskgroups and a large run on a BG/P" and "Trying to
find reasonable parallelization parameters" where the problem of computing
large systems have been discussed extensively.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)