[Pw_forum] Non-standard band populations in semiconductors

Vladlen Zhukov Windows zhukov at ihim.uran.ru
Thu Feb 12 09:59:33 CET 2009

  Dear all,

      It happens sometimes to have  a non-standard population of  bands calculated  with Espresso.    E.g.,  in the Journ. Phys.  Cond. Matter,  19 (2007) 425218  the conductivity band  of  semiconducting LiH  was populated  with  a small number of doping  electrons,  VCA approximation. My case is  that  I need,  within  non-scf scheme,  a  hole in the valence band of a semiconductor and  electron in the conductivity band.  I wonder if there is a simple  tool in Espresso  to perform  such trick?

                                            Vladlen P.  Zhukov,  Prof.