[Pw_forum] spin in solve_e

Dal Corso Andrea dalcorso at sissa.it
Fri Feb 6 09:52:41 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 22:15 +0100, Andrea Floris wrote:
> Dear users,
> I would like to have a confirmation: has LSDA (nspin=2) been implemented
> in PH/solve_e.f90 (Electric Fields Calculation) in the last version of the
> code? In version 3.2 an error occurred, in 4.0.2 the line has been
> commented out. Was this comment written just to make the code not
> stopping?

I think nspin=2 is dealt with correctly in solve_e, but to simulate a
magnetic insulator with LDSA you need to constrain the magnetization and
DFPT with constraints is not implemented yet.
Using noncolin=.true. without constraints, instead should work in the
CVS version (this is now in a test phase so please report any bug you
can find).

Andrea