[Pw_forum] PW taskgroups and a large run on a BG/P

David Farrell davidfarrell2008 at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:30:10 CET 2009

I tried reducing nbnd, diago_david_ndim, mixing_ndim, and still no
good. Memory issue seems to remain.

In my system I have set nosym = .true.  - so I would think the below
wouldn't be the problem... or is this flag for a different symmetry
operation?

Dave

On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:15 PM, giannozz at democritos.it wrote:

> Quoting Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu>:
>
>> however the other use in psymrho.f90/psymrho_mag.f90 is consistent
>> with the problem happening at the rho-mixing stage.
>
> the way parallel symmetrization is implemented now guarantees that a
> large system with symmmetry (a strange object, though) will go out
> of memory. A workaround should be simple, though
>
> Paolo

David E. Farrell
Post-Doctoral Fellow
Northwestern University