[Pw_forum] problem in the local inversion.

Jiayu Dai daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn
Thu Dec 24 09:29:02 CET 2009

Thanks for your reply, professor. I found it is dependent on the PPs i chose. For
Fe system, if i used the PP: Fe.pbe-nd-rrkjus.UPF, the calculation would stop in
this case. But if i used Fe.pbe-sp-van.UPF, it was always going. Then, i think the
PPs has significant influence.

Merry Christmas and happy new year. :)

Jiayu

> hard to say. The problem is in subspace parallel diagonalization (or
> in iterative
> orthonormalization for Car-Parrinello dynamics). It means that one of
> the LAPACK
> algorithms used in the parallel algorithm returns an error message.
> It may be due
> to an ill-conceived algorithm that fails in some cases, to an ill-
> conditioned matrix, to
> the quality of mathematical libraries...hard to say

Jiayu Dai
Department of Physics
National University of Defense Technology,
Changsha, 410073, P R China