[Pw_forum] Shifting Fermi energy for Fermi surface calculations

dekura at cmp.sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp dekura at cmp.sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Dec 23 16:11:00 CET 2009

Dear Nicki

I think you want to change chemical potential in semiconductor and you
want to plot "iso-energy surface" ( not Fermi surface, of course) in order
to the study of impurity dope, is it correct?
If so, please try an example attached in this mail.

This example shows how to plot "iso-energy surface" in Diamond.

(1) you run fs.sh after modifying environmental variables in fs.sh.
(2) you can change the value of EF ( means chemical potential in our case
exactly)

I put also reference files, and please compare your result with mine after
the calculation.

Hoping this help you.

Best Regards
Haruhiko Dekura