[Pw_forum] How to calculate a, c/a of BaTiO3 in perrovskite structure

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Sat Dec 12 13:30:53 CET 2009

Quoting mtt physics <mtt_turion at hotmail.com>:
> when alat increase  clat decrease to neary perfect cubic
> How I must be going the problem

Dear Abdulmutta,
that sound all right to me; think of an extreme case: what would cause
the anisotropy when the cell parameter is so large that atoms cannot
interact with each other any more?

Best regards.

P.S. try to put some more effort in asking a question, i.e. provide a
sample input and output, explanation in detail why do you think there
is something wrong, reread what you've written (I'm bad at this). As a
rule of thumb, you cannot expect people to spend more time answering
that you spent asking.

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)