[Pw_forum] GWW

Geoffrey Stenuit stenuit at sissa.it
Wed Aug 26 19:24:30 CEST 2009

Dear Ali,

To plot the DOS, you just have to do a SCF first. The nscf part can
actually be avoid.
What is important, is to have the wavefunctions (WFs) and the
eigenvalues of all the
states you want to compute the DOS. You can do this immediatly only in a SCF
calculations. After this step, the code projwfc.x will check if a file
bands.dat exists and (if yes) replaces the DFT eigenvalues by the GW
eigenvalues (WFs are unchanged since we do a G0W0
calculation).
Concerning the fact you want to do only the SCF part, to my understand, the
accuracy of the empty states is less when you do only a SCF. A non-scf
calculations will provide accurate filled and empty states (WFs and
eigenvalues).

Please also do not forget our GWW code computes only the states at the
GAMMA POINT.

Regards,

Joe