[Pw_forum] magnetic coupling

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Aug 20 09:08:35 CEST 2009

Dear Alvaro,

You would have more change to get a reply if you put a reward to your question, rather
than sending many times the same mail :-)

Álvaro Alves wrote:
>   Hello everyone. I'm trying to calculate the magnetic coupling in a
> dinuclear compound of copper. Compared with the experimental results, we
> find that the magnitude of the magnetic moments are not good. What can I
> try to change parameters to get a better result?

You would have more change to get a meaningful reply if you gave us more details on your
system.

What I can suggest from guessing your problem is to either to try DFT+U or to force
magnetization/magnetic moments to a desired value using constrained magnetization (see
Doc/INPUT_PW.txt).

Cheers

GS