[Pw_forum] scf

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Aug 14 11:08:25 CEST 2009

dear Alvaro

  0.003 Ry is about 50 meV ... a very small value, and 0.001 is even
smaller. this will require almost and infinity of  k-points in order  to
obtain converged results... and such a small value may make scf
convergence very difficult (unless very many k-points are used) because
from one  iteration to the next the occupation of levels can suddenly
change in a non-linear way making the mixing scheme ineffective...
are you sure you need such a small value of degauss ?

 stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS