[Pw_forum] Doubt in Phonon calculations

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Aug 11 15:33:02 CEST 2009

All the modes are cakculated. Degenerate modes are calculated because
all of the partners of irreps are needed to properly symmtetrize the
dynamical matrix (or else, one should use more k-points than actually
used in ph.x). Acoustic modes are calculated for the sake of it
(actually, the amount of violation of the acoustic sum rule tells
something about the overall convergence of the calculation).  Stefano
Baroni - Trieste

---
swift text written and sent on the go