[Pw_forum] davico error while calculating projected density of states

shruba at gmail.com shruba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:18:14 CEST 2009

Hi Bipul,
    I had similar problem with PDOS, after using wf_collect=.true. PDOS was
working fine, you might try it, see if it helps.
    Regards
             shruba gangopadhyay

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> wrote:

> Dear Bipul, dear all:
> please always consider that none of the people posting to this mailing list
> belong to any kind of "customer service". all of us are pleased to help when
> we can / feel like that ... none of us has to. so, please, refrain from
> sending private emails to members of the list, unless you have a specific
> reason to do so ... also, even if/when you get assistance precisely from
> exactlyy the same person you would address privately, when you address
> him/her on the mailing list, instead, you give others the possibility of
> learning at the same time you are learning. in conclusion, do use the list
> as much as possible ...
>
> SB
>

>  On Aug 10, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
>
>  Dear Bipul,
>

> Bipul Rakshit wrote:
>
> Dear Gabriele Sclauzero,
>
> thanks for your kind reply.
>
> Since I am sending you the input, so i send you to your private mail.
>
> Please see the input and suggest me if there is anything wrong.
>

> I don't see any reason of sending the input files privately to me (unless
> you have
> specific reasons), since this is not in the open-source spirit of the forum
> and you will
> prevent other users from helping you.
>
> In your input files:
>
>  &system
>     occupations='smearing', smearing='methfessel-paxton',
> degauss=0.000073498
>
> This value of degauss seems very low to me. Are you sure that you need it,
> and most
> important, have you converged w.r.t the number of k-points?
>

>  &electrons
>     conv_thr =  1.0d-5
>
> this is too high, use the default or something lower.
>
> Anyway, I don't see any problem related to the I/O issue in your input
> files. You have to
> check if the nscf run completed successfully and wrote the wavefunctions to
> disk. The
> files may be corrupted due to an interrupted run or an hardware failure.
> You should also
> be careful when running on clusters with local scratch area (does it apply
> to your case?).
> Please provide more information about your compilation/HW-SW configuration
> and a full
> output file from DOS or PDOS calculation.
>
> GS
>

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Gabriele Sclauzero <sclauzer at sissa.it
>
> <mailto:sclauzer at sissa.it <sclauzer at sissa.it>>> wrote:
>

>    Bipul Rakshit wrote:
>
>  Dear PWSCF users,
>
>  I am doing calculation of LaMnO3. When I try to do the projected
>
>    density
>
>  of states, then it shows the error
>

>    Calling projwave ....

>      from davcio : error #        10

> [...]

shruba gangopadhyay
graduate student
department of chemistry
university of central florida
orlando, FL-32826
'friendship doubles joys and reduces sorrows by half' (Francis Bacon).