[Pw_forum] Problem in parallel execution, please help

Andrea Ferretti ferretti at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 10 15:57:39 CEST 2009

As Lorenzo wrote,
the problem is with your mpich installation...
it seems you have to run mpdboot (one of the suggestion by th error
message)...

create a file .mpd.hosts (eg in you home dir)
add the word "localhost" in one line
and type

mpdboot -f ~/.mpd.hosts

then you should be able to run...
remember that if you do not include the above command in the startup of
your machine, you have to run it manually every time you reboot it.

andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
MIT, Dept Material Science & Engineering

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments