[Pw_forum] printing wavefunction on real grid

vtmtrinh at caltech.edu vtmtrinh at caltech.edu
Tue Aug 4 20:11:33 CEST 2009

Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you for your help. I am still confused (I may be dump :-)).
Yes, I agree that wavefunction at Gamma is real and thus will have a sign
with it. However, |psi|^2 is a positive quantity. If we multiply |psi|^2
by sign(psi) (which is segno in the code), then |psi|^2*sign(psi) will
have a sign of sign(psi).  Why we want to have a sign with |psi|^2?

Best,

Trinh