[Pw_forum] from phq_readin : error # 1 , no elec. field with metals

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:56:47 CEST 2009

Hi,
According to INPUT_PH,
epsil LOGICAL  *Default:* .false.

If .true. in a q=0 calculation for a non metal the
macroscopic dielectric constant of the system is
computed. Do not set epsil to .true. if you have a
metallic system or q/=0: the code will complain and stop.

Therefore, your system should be a metal, and phonon code complained and
stopped.

Please supply your affiliation!
Regards,

Hai-Ping Lan