[Pw_forum] inhomogenious k-points distribution

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Thu Apr 23 07:34:43 CEST 2009

Hi! I think that would be useful, and not difficult to implement.
At the very least, I think that it would be enough to pass "manually"
custom-defined sets of k points (with the associated weights) to bands.x

Just a word of warning for the younger members of this forum.
NO transition (direct or indirect) ever occurs at a specific point of
the BZ. What Karoly meant is that in order to resolve the contribution
of "critical points" to the absorption intensity (which give rise to
Van Hove singularities in the spectrum), it would be useful to
increase the k-point resulution in specific regions of the BZ.

Stefano