[Pw_forum] reconstruction

Marcel Mohr marcel at physik.tu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 21 21:24:23 CEST 2009

Dear Ali

You can start with (lateral) surface reconstruction of your bulk system.
Afterwards I would try different supercells with different starting points, like
number of atoms or "surface molecules". Don't forget to saturate dangling
bonds (even there you can check different types). I think in Si NWs even a
SiH3 group is outermost for some NWs
After relaxing your structures you can check the most favorable ones
by comparing energies (have a look at surface calculations for details).
Good luck

Marcel Mohr
--
Institut für Festkörperphysik