[Pw_forum] what's the unit of charge density

vega lew quantumdft at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:35:35 CEST 2009

Dear friends,

many thanks to Anton Kokalj and Lorenzo Paulatto. I'm really grateful for
your kind help and constructive discussion.

best wishes,

vega

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 23:02 +0800, vega lew wrote:
> > Dear friend,
> >
> > thank you for your help. your answer is quite useful for us.
> >
> > >I am not aware of any tool in the distribution that can do overlap
> > >populations.
> >
> > as far as I know, this function could be accomplished during Mulliken
> > bond population analysis in CASTEP.
> > I used to think this kind of analysis could help us to understand our
> > promble.
>
> Right!
>
> What I meant was that there is currently no tool in quantum-espresso
> that can do Mulliken population.
>
> > could you please tell me more about how to integrated lDoS along the
> > bond direction?
>
> You do a 2D contour plot, where the bond-direction lies on the plotting
> plane. The cumbersome (but not difficult) part it to determine the
> appropriate plane (origin + 2 spanning vectors). The recipe is as given
> by Lorenzo in the previous email (i.e. via specifying the &PLOT namelist
> of pp.x).
>
> Even if not all atoms of interests lie on the plotting plane this can be
> still useful, moreover you may choose several plotting planes.
>
> > Do you mean
> > I could plot the pDoS for certain atoms, and then integrate it to the
> > HOMO?
>
> Yes precisely: the PDOS is a prerequisite for ILDOS. By PDOS you will
> determine within which energy window to integrate. You may do several
> energy windows.
>
> Regards, Tone
>
> --
> Anton Kokalj
> J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
> (tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)
>
> Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
> See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Email: vegalew at gmail.com
Office: Room A705, Technical Innovation Building, Xinmofan Road 5#, Nanjing,
Jiangsu, China