[Pw_forum] Parallel File System suggestion

gennaro.oliva at cnr.it gennaro.oliva at cnr.it
Mon Apr 6 19:57:38 CEST 2009

Hi there I'm trying to set up a good environment for multiple espresso
users on my cluster. I have a blade center with 14 dual processor
quad-core servers interconnected with infiniband + 2 gigE networks and
a fibre channel storage area network. I want to allow the users to run
and restart espresso jobs but they can't use their home (located on the
SAN) for temporary files. I have read "Understanding parallel I/O" on
the faq page where it is suggested to use a parallel file system. Which
one would you suggest?
I'm running centos 5.2 + openmpi 1.2.7.
Thanks for your help
--