[Pw_forum] Problems with nscf diago with many bands

Conor Hogan conor.hogan at roma2.infn.it
Tue Sep 30 16:13:00 CEST 2008

Hello again, forget that last message, problem solved:

<      CG style diagonalization
<      ethr =  5.00E-06,  avg # of iterations = 34.7
<      PWSCF        :  3m47.44s CPU time,     3m59.01s wall time

>      Davidson diagonalization with overlap
>      ethr =  5.00E-06,  avg # of iterations = 27.2
>      PWSCF        :  7m41.49s CPU time,     7m47.46s wall time

Wasn't expecting to see CG faster! PW continues to amaze me with its
brutal efficiency :)

cheers
Conor

----