[Pw_forum] Compiling with intel fortran, MKL and MKL FFT wrappers

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Sep 30 09:27:05 CEST 2008

On Mar, Settembre 30, 2008 01:48, Serge Nakhmanson wrote:
>  My question is: is the latter (serial) library really the
>  one intended to be used with Espresso, or is it the parallel
>  one that should work but fails due to some function renaming
>  in the latest MKL version

Dear Serge,
QE itself is parallel. Using a parallel version of any library would
reduce performance as the different processes, on which QE is
parallelized, would spawn multiple threads, on which the libraries are
parallelized, using more processors than available.

If you look for OMP_NUM_THREAD in the list archive you will find extensive
discussions on this matter.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto