[Pw_forum] why my pw.x run with low efficiency?

vega vegalew at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 11:44:15 CEST 2008

Dear sir,

thank you for your advice.

I set the ourdir at local disk following your suggestions. and I also set
the disk_io='none'
and no wf_collect options. But the pw.x still run at low efficiency.
I think it's most probable because of lack of memory. Most of time was
wasted by exchanging the
data between the virtual memory and physical memory. So could you estimate
that how many memory
will be good enough for 40 [TiO2] units( 120 atoms)?

vega

Vega Lew (weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China