[Pw_forum] Calculations for Au

Leandro Moreira de Campos Pinto lmoreira at fc.unesp.br
Wed Sep 17 20:29:29 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to perform a scf calculation for Au and I obtained a value
of Fermi Energy about ~16 eV, and in the literature I found this value
like ~5.5 eV. What should be causing this discrepancy?

Another problem occur when I use pseudopotentials generated with PWGGA
xc. The error is: "Some wfcs were lost".

I will appreciate the suggestions.

Best regards,

leandro

* Leandro Moreira de Campos Pinto       *
* Lab. Eletrocatalise, Fac. de Ciencias *
* UNESP, P.O. Box 473                   *
* 17033-360, Bauru, SP, Brazil          *
* http://www.fc.unesp.br/grupo_dafc     *