[Pw_forum] need help

vega vegalew at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:09:44 CEST 2008

>According to the process pid it is showing that in all nodes the job has distributed, but doing nothing.

what do you mean by 'doing nothing'?

I think you can try to use '-in' instead of '<' in command line.
for example, if you type pw.x < inputfile > outputfile, nothing printed on the screen.
Then you could try to type pw.x -in inputfile > outputfile.

hope helps.

by the way I also encounter another situation. If the subnet mask is not consistent among the clusters, problems may be happen. so you may check the subnet mask.

Vega Lew (weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China