[Pw_forum] time for calculation of el-ph interactions of graphene supercell

L.F.Huang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Mon Sep 8 03:40:59 CEST 2008

Dear prof. Kohlmeyer:
  Thank you for your kind help!
  I have read your previous demonstration to vega. I am also doing
some tests now. I am sorry for my limitation in computer knowledge!
And the computer I am using is thousands miles away from me,so I
just find information from its webpage, which I list below and try
to make it as complete as possible:
  Peak Performance:  	  10.2Tflops
  Computing Nodes: 	  512 4-way nodes,each composed of 4 CPUs
  Storage Nodes: 	  16 4-way nodes,each composed of 4 CPUs
  Accessing Nodes: 	  4 4-way nodes,each composed of 4 CPUs
  CPU:           	  AMD OPTERON 850, 2.4GHz,2128 CPU tatally
  System Memory: 	  4256GB
  System Storage: 	  20TB
  Architecture:           Cluster、Myrinet 2000
  Operating System: 	  Turbo Linux 8.0
  Language:               C, C++, Fortran77/90/95, Java
  Compliers:              gcc3.2.2-4,  Java1.2 ,  tcl/tk 8.0, Perl 5.0
  Mathematic Libraries:   NAG ACML 1.5, ATLAS 3.6
  Parallel Environment:   BCL4、Myricom GM, MPI 1.2, PVM 3.3.6, JobManager
  Tools:                  gdb5.3, OpenLDAP2.2, Python2.3, X-window
  Sysytem Administration: LSF, Dawning Cluster Operating System, DCOS,
                          including DCMS(Dawning Cluster Management System
                          ), DCIS(Dawning Cluster Installation System),
                          DCMM(Dawning Cluster Monitor and Management
                          System), Mterm(Multi-terminal software), Dawing
                          Large-Scale KVM System(SKVM)

Another question is:
   Prof. Kohlmeyer, you have mentioned that not all components in
Q-E support k-points parallelization fully. I wonder are there
still any other components like that besides postprocessing components?
Are elphon.f90 and elph.f90?
Thanks!

                                            Yours Sincerely
                                               L.F.Huang