[Pw_forum] time for calculation of el-ph interactions of graphene supercell

L.F.Huang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Sat Sep 6 14:26:07 CEST 2008

Dear prof. Kohlmeyer and Giannozzi:
  Thank both of you for your kindly help!
  Frankly, I have not taken serious tests. When I found the calculations
of frequencies(99 modes) for one wave vector of phonon in the 4*4*1
graphene supercell with one H atom on it took about 20 days, then I took
it for granted that the calculation of el-ph interaction would accomplish
for several hours or a little more. But nearly 3 days having passed, it is
still doing the calculation......I realy need some serious tests to let
it clear in my mind.

  Thank you for your advices for testing! Thank you very much!
Best Wishes!
                                    Yours Sincerely!
                                      L.F.Huang
PostScript:
  Amount of memory: 2GB per node
  kind of interconnect: myrinet 2000
  No. of reduced k points: 52
  No. of nodes: 13 (with npool by default 1)
  Parallel environment: MPI 1.2
  Math library: NAG ACML 1.5、ATLAS 3.6
  No. of cpus per node: 4