[Pw_forum] question about example16 (pengyang)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Sep 3 10:35:12 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 10:01 , yang wrote:

> I am a beginner of PWscf and want to calculate some STM images.
> There is a problem for me about the example16 in the version 3.2.3.

if you are a beginner, why are you beginning with an old version of
the code?

> The 'make.power5-aix-serial' file in the 'install' directory does
> not work

it is basically an example file, and I am not sure it has ever
updated to reflect
changes in the installation mechanism. Anyway the sentence "it
doesn't work"
contains 0 bits of information.

> for the compilation in our server. I just change the 'MPI90 =
> mpixlf90_r' to
> 'MPI90 = xlf90_r' in the defaut file 'make.sys' obtained by the
> command 'configure'

this means that you have a parallel machine, but that you are
compiling for
serial execution. Are you sure this is what you want?

> [...] The error message was attached below.

more 0 bits of information

> I'm afraid that it is due to the incorrect compilation.

unlikely. Run 'plotrho' interactively and see what happens

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222