[Pw_forum] Re : something strange in rutile and anatase calculation

Virginie Trinite virginie.trinite at thalesgroup.com
Mon Sep 1 11:18:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

We have observed that including or not semi-core states in the
pseudopotential af Ti, can make great difference in the stabilisation of
\alpha versus \omega phases of Ti and also for anatase and rutile phase
( For Ti, you can look at Journal of Physics C, vol 20, 235239 (2008)).
I am very interest of the reference of the  free energy calculations
showing  the  stabilization of \alpha-Ti by phonons (We have made a
approximate evaluation of this contribution and our conclusion was that
it was not sufficient).

Bests

PhD Trinite Virginie
Physics Research Group of Thales Research & Technology

2008/8/28, Eyvaz Isaev <eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com>:
 >Hi,
 >
 >One more suggestion.
 >As far as I know the same situation is for \alpha and \omega phases of
Ti, as well as HCP and DHCP phases of FeH. But free energy calculations
have shown than \alpha-Ti  and DHCP FeH are >stabilized due to the
phonon contribution.
 >For FeH you can see: Eyvaz I. Isaev et al., Dynamical stability of
Fe-H in the Earth's mantle and core regions, Proceedings of the National
Academy of Sciences of the USA (PNAS), 104 (22), 29 May >2007, 9168.
PNAS Special Issue "Geophysics".