[Pw_forum] On making a *.axsf file with XCrySDen

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 14 00:46:42 CEST 2008

Thanks, again, Axel.

You probably know ImageMagick can be incorporated into XCrySDen, along with
the "animation tools" Whirlgif and mpeg_encode.  However, the latter two
will not be "raised" by XCrySDen unless the file type is axsf.  You're
suggestion to use ImageMagick is a good one and I'll have a look.

BTW, it seems there's a plethora of mpeg screen capture tools for Linux...go
have a look at:
http://www.linux.com/feature/38221

-Paul

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford (2005-2008)
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com