[Pw_forum] On making a *.axsf file with XCrySDen

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 13 01:56:17 CEST 2008

How does one make an animated axsf file using XCrySDen directly?  For
example, suppose I want save in an axsf file the animation of an isosurface
of charge density moving through a given unit cell.  I can save the
"situation" as an .xcrysden script file for play back, but on loading it
doesn't raise the Modify -> Animation Controls option.  Only an .axsf file
apparently does this.  Do I have to go through the script file inserting
"ANIMSTEPS" by hand?

I note that the XCrySDen forum archives has had no entries since April.Is
PW_Forum now the appropriate target for XCrySDen issues?

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford (2005-2008)
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com <http://www.w2agz.com/>