[Pw_forum] is there a pseduo potential about the C Perdew-Burke-Ernzerhof (PBE) NC ?

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Oct 10 14:57:47 CEST 2008

Dear Wei Zhou,
   please notice that you can mix NC and US pseudo-potentials in PWscf....
   Iodine is an sp element in the forth row and it is likely to need an
only moderate cutoff  (22 Ry in the paper by Brandon Wood and Nicola
Marzari quoted in the "details" entry on the pseudo-potential web-page)
... Carbon is a first-row element that in the NC form would require
significantly larger cut-offs  (50-60 Ry at least). With an ultrasoft
pseudo-potential instead a cutoff of the order of 30 Ry is typically enough.
There are several PBE US pseudo-potentials for Carbon in the
pseudo-potential library.

 Hope this helps,
  stefano

PS: Don't forget to test convergence of the calculation for your
specific case.
-
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS