[Pw_forum] Why my test-calculation is so slowly?

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Tue Nov 11 03:57:03 CET 2008

Dear Lo_wan:
    I am using SGI too, and  I sometimes encounter the problems like yours, which, however, always can be
attributed to two reasons below:
(1) one/some of the nodes in paralleled jobs can not work well ;
(2) or can not commute well.
So, maybe you can change your job subscripts(including reducing No. of nodes), then see what happens.
In addition, I encountered some problems when I compile the packages with f90 compiler, and could you tell me
what is your compiler? Thanks!

Best Wishes!
Yours Sincerely
L.F.Huang

------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-328(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Web: http://theory.issp.ac.cn (website of our theory group)